Wednesday, November 12, 2014

Ender’s Game by Orson Scott Card

I've spent many sleepless nights reading. Most of these nights were in preparation for school, but I stayed up all night reading Ender's Game because I got so invested in the characters.

I don't think this is the best book ever written, but I believe it should be placed on a short list. The plot is legendary, the characters are complex, and the style is superb.

I've heard criticism that this book is aimed at children, but I don't understand how that changes how great this book is. Perhaps the diction is not as extensive as Philip Roth or Michael Chabon, but I believe Orson can write circles around these two if only because characters are actual characters (as opposed to the same character with different names).

No comments:

Post a Comment