Sunday, April 11, 2010

The Good Earth by Pearl S. Buck

This book was recommended to me by a girl in a institute class in college. I usually read while in class -I realize this is rude, and I probably should have just dropped the class, but I had a strange case of guilt. I thought this girl was cute and smart so when she recommended this book I went out a bought it the next day.

This book reminded me of Star Wars because the author used strange sentence syntax to make the characters sound foreign (like Yoda). Also, there is a scene where the protagonist's family eats grass! This image is stuck in my head any time I think of the Chinese country side.

In the end, I liked the book despite the somewhat happy ending because it wasn't really happy. Sure, the protagonist was successful in business, but his sons were ass holes and he lost his daughter.

No comments:

Post a Comment