Sunday, April 11, 2010

Hearts in Atlantis by Stephen King

Recommended by my Brother's friend -while pulling off his aviator glasses and stepping out of his rusty Cadillac. This book was recommended to me because my brother's friend really liked the college dorm scene where the guys play Hearts. I'll admit, it's a good image, perhaps one that most want their college experience to be like.

I enjoy reading Stephen King, but I don't consider him "one of the best." This book was fun to read, but like many King novels, the movie was better. The movie didn't cover the whole book and sadly it didn't cover my favorite parts (most of the magic realism).

One story within the book is a little played out. It's a story of a guy who goes to work only to dress down and panhandle. No one knows about his dirty little secret, not even his wife. Come on. We've all seen that 60 minute report.

No comments:

Post a Comment